Westview values its relationship with visitors and customers and uses commercially available technology to safeguard information collected through the Sites. However, the internet is an open medium and no data transmission through the internet is completely secure. Therefore, Westview does not guaranty or warranty the security of general information you provide. Except as submitted through an online application located on the Sites, you transmit your personal information at your own risk. For more information on how Westview uses information you provide through the Sites, please review Westview’s Privacy Statement and Privacy Notice.
3. User Conduct; Social Media Channels/Blogs/User Submissions
Any comments, blogs, discussions, data, images, sounds, text, product ideas, suggestions or enhancements, as well as anything embedded therein, material, information or other communication you transmit, upload or post to the Sites, generally and through Social Media Channels and other the public forums, or email to Westview (collectively, “Communications”) are non-confidential, nonproprietary and become the property of Westview. Westview has no obligation to preserve the confidentiality of or refrain from disclosing any Communications. You recognize and acknowledge that your submission of any suggestions, ideas, images, sounds, enhancements, data or other material is done on a non-confidential, non-proprietary basis, without expectation of compensation or attribution of any sort. Westview has no liability for and will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use all or any part of any Communications for any and all commercial or noncommercial purposes in any medium whatsoever without additional consent or approval from you. Please exercise caution and discretion in disclosing personal information through, including uploading photos to, any public forums.
You are solely responsible for your Communications and your activities on the Sites. Although Westview will not, and has no obligation to, monitor your Communications, it has the right not to post or publish Licensed Content and/or your Communications and to delete, remove or edit any Licensed Content and or Communications at any time in its sole discretion without notice or liability of any notice or sort. Under no circumstances is or will Westview or its affiliates be liable in any way for any Communications, your or another’s use of the Sites or any Licensed Content, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any Licensed Content, or for loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Licensed Content via the Sites.
4. Access by Children
The Sites are intended for use by adults who are actual or potential purchasers of Westview products and services. Sites are not directed at children. Westview does not target or market to, and the Sites are not intended for use by, children under the age of 13. Westview does not knowingly and will not intentionally contact or request personal information from children under the age of 13 for marketing purposes. However, the Sites do not filter ads or other material children may view through the Sites or linked sites, some of which may be inappropriate for children.
The Sites may contain links to other internet websites or resources. When you link to those sites, you leave the Sites. Westview has no control over third-party sites, their content and resources or the business practices or policies of operators of such sites. Westview’s privacy terms do not apply to the practices of any companies or individuals operating the linked sites. Please use caution and review the privacy policies of any sites that you visit to learn more about their information-gathering practices. Westview cannot control, nor is it responsible, for any such third party collection or use of your personal information. Westview expressly disclaims all responsibility or liability for the availability or accuracy of such external sites or resources or the content thereon, does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. The inclusion of any link on the Sites does not imply that Westview endorses the third-party site accessible through such link. Your use of any links is at your own risk. You further acknowledge and agree that Westview shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any goods, services or materials available on or through any such link, site or resource.
9. Westview’s Proprietary Rights
10. Notices and Procedures for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Westview.
Westview respects the intellectual property of others, and asks its users and visitors to do the same. Westview will investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, Westview will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing or found to be the subject of infringing activity and will act to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is found to be infringing.
If you believe that your work has been copied in any way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide all of the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity, that it is to be removed or access to it disabled and information reasonably sufficient to enable Westview to locate the material on the Sites;
- your name, address, telephone number, email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to enable Westview to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material as described by you is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of copyright infringement should be directed to:
- By mail:
- Westview Financial Services
- 6526 Indian River Rd.
- Virginia Beach, VA 23464
- Attn: Online Services
- By Email:
- (Please include “Notice of Infringement” in the subject line.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING WESTVIEW THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS PRIVACY OR PRODUCT-RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
11. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
WESTVIEW DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITES OR LICENSED CONTENT.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND ANY PARTICULAR FEATURE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WESTVIEW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, FREEDOM FROM MALICIOUS CODE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND NONINTERFERENCE WITH YOUR USE OF ALL OR ANY PART OF THE SITES.
- ANY MATERIAL YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN THROUGH USE OF THE SITES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING DAMAGE.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WESTVIEW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WESTVIEW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS SHOWN OR AVAILABLE FROM THE SITES OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITES. IN ANY CASE, WESTVIEW’S SOLE LIABILITY, AND THAT OF ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS, IS LIMITED TO FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00). YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO THESE DISCLAIMERS AND WAIVERS MAY VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION. WITHOUT INTENDING TO LIMIT THE FOREGOING, YOU MUST BRING ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST WESTVIEW WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS OF THE DATE THE CLAIM AROSE OR BE FOREVER BARRED. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
13. General Information
Westview Financial Services Web Site Privacy Statement
WESTVIEW FINANCIAL SERVICES VA, LLC (“WESTVIEW”) VALUES THE PROTECTION OF INDIVIDUAL PRIVACY. THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT DESCRIBES WHAT INFORMATION WESTVIEW COLLECTS THROUGH ITS WEBSITE LOCATED AT WWW.WESTVIEWFINANCE.COM (“SITE”), HOW IT USES THE INFORMATION AND WITH WHOM IT MAY BE SHARED. THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES ONLY TO INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THIS SITE. FOR A COPY OF OUR GENERAL PRIVACY NOTICE (“PRIVACY NOTICE”), PLEASE CLICK HERE.
1. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. The Site does not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily provide it. You are responsible for ensuring that any personally identifiable information you provide is truthful, accurate and up to date. We will collect and store personal information you decide to provide to us for our records but we are not liable to you if the information you provide is not accurate. You agree that we may use any of your personal information that you provide to us to communicate with you. Additionally, if you apply for a loan on the Site, you must truthfully and accurately complete our online application which includes your provision of personally identifiable information. Accurate, up-to-date information is necessary to view your credit history and otherwise process your application and to contact you. Westview takes various precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, all online applications are encrypted to maintain the security of your information. Once received, your personal information is stored in the United States in accordance with United States law.
2. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Other Information. The Site may gather non-personal information about you depending on how your browser is configured. That information may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address(es) used to access the Site, the number of times you visit the Site, the time and length of the visit, the operating system and browser type used to access the Site, your screen resolution, the particular web pages viewed right before and while visiting the Site, how long you remain on specific pages, your navigation patterns, where you go upon leaving the Site, or similar details.
Non-personal information collected as a result of your visit to the Site may be disclosed to third parties, but will not be associated with you personally. In other words, the Site may disclose that a unique user accessed the Site a particular number of times and spent specific amounts of time on different pages, but we will not disclose the identity of that user (and most likely would have no way of identifying who that user was unless the user voluntarily identified him or herself to us).
3. Security To prevent unauthorized access to your personal data, maintain data accuracy and integrity, and ensure the correct use of information, Westview follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
4. Changes to Privacy Statement.Material changes to the Privacy Statement will be posted on the Site for 30 days in advance of their taking effect. If you do not agree to any changes, you should discontinue your use of the Site.
5. Westview Contact Information. . If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact Customer Service at Contactus@westviewfinance.com.
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE AGREEING AND PRINT OR RETAIN A COPY OF THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. These terms are provided by Westview Financial Services VA, LLC and any affiliated entities that may offer loan or other products in your State, Commonwealth, or District (“Westview”). You are agreeing to receive disclosures required by federal and/or state law electronically.
To enable you to apply online, Westview must provide you with certain disclosures required by law. When you click “Yes” to agree below, this is your (and if this application is a joint application, each applicant’s) electronic signature and each applicant agrees that:
When you apply for credit, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. Failure to provide the required information may result in denial of your request to open an account.
If the applicant agree box is not checked, this process is cancelled and the information is not saved. An application will not be submitted to Westview Financial Services.
- • Westview can provide disclosures required by law and other notices, agreements, communications, and information (“Disclosures”) to you electronically.
- • Your electronic signature on this application has the same effect as your written signature.
- • Westview can send Disclosures to you electronically. Westview will send them to the email address that you have given to Westview.
Your consent applies to Disclosures provided in connection with your application and to any other Disclosures that Westview is obligated to provide or elects to provide to you, including this E-Sign Consent and Disclosures, Westview’s Privacy Notice, and any other Disclosures required by federal or state law, rule, or regulation. Your consent applies to any of your transactions with Westview and applies to Disclosures provided to you now and to Disclosures that Westview may provide to you in the future. Your consent also is your permission for Westview to contact you by telephone and/or email to process your application and any of your transactions with Westview.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
To access and retain the Disclosures you will need a personal computer or device that has the capability of running software that can access the internet and that can send and receive electronic mail. Internet browsers with the security and 128-bit encryption level required are Internet Explorer® - 9.0 or higher for PC, Firefox® 8.0 or higher for PC, Safari® 5.1.3 or higher for Mac, or Google Chrome 16 or higher. If you are reading this online, you have the necessary hardware and software to access the Disclosures. You may print and/or save Disclosures using software such as Adobe Acrobat Reader®, provided you have a computer or device with sufficient storage capacity and/or the ability to print “Portable Document Format” files using your computer or device.
By selecting “Yes” to agree below, you acknowledge that you are able to access the Disclosures online.
REQUESTING PAPER DOCUMENTS, WITHDRAWING CONSENT, AND UPDATING INFORMATION
You may request paper copies of the Disclosures that Westview provides at any time. Westview will send them to you by mail without charge. You may withdraw your consent to receive Disclosures electronically at any time. To request paper copies or withdraw consent or update your contact information, you should email us at Contactus@westviewfinance.com. If you change your email address, you will provide us with your updated email address by emailing us at Contactus@westviewfinance.com.
Last updated on 12/09/2014.